Wednesday 10 May 2017

a Walk in the woods

Some places, smells, sounds and textures are bringing so many memories from the past. I got this familiar feeling suddenly in the East of Holland (Overijssel) when we had a walk in the woods. I was surprised how this part of Holland near Holten can be a bit hilly too. Also the variation of pine trees brought me back to my childhood landscapes in Finland. I even noticed one house on our way was called "Kalevala", a very well known national epic book of Finland. Maybe some finn moved to these woods in Holland, surrounded by the little vibe or nordic type of nature.






We had a walk in the National park of the "Sallandse heuvelrug", which is one of the biggest continuous heathland areas in Europe.




It is good to walk in the nature. The nature parks and protected areas have beautiful marked routes to follow.

Every year this miracle - so beautiful growth of green.


We had a nice lunch in a small restaurant with a this natural view. The east part of Holland is very beautiful and the countryside is wonderful for cycling trips. There are very many bed and breakfast places and also camping is popular. So instead of heading to the coastline of Holland and visiting just Amsterdam, a visit to the rural part of Netherlands is very interesting. 


I will write more stories again! My spring time has been full of other activities and the cold weather type this year did not inspire me so much. I am positive that the directions of wind will change soon and blow all the grey clouds away :-). I wish you a good spring time !