Sunday 29 September 2024

Looking back to Summer time





These pictures have been patiently waiting for me for a while. They were downloaded on the empty page without any title, reminding me to come back. Weeks have passed and I can see the Summer shades differently with my Autumn mind. I knew some words would come when time goes by. Few lines between the pictures are the missing layers for this story.

I feel protected by the darker September evenings and appreciate now even more the lighter moments from the Summer. We had some challenges, but by focusing on important things and positives, knowing some people were thinking of us and supporting us, we could manage to face the situation and believe everything is going to be all right. Even in the middle of the storms of life, there are many other things worth to notice, memorize and remember. Things that give guidance, energy and joy. The wind of change can push us gently towards the safe harbor to recover and let us grow again and again.


Talking in the garden with my friend in Tammisaari, Finland and being gently supported during the shaky period. It was a right spot to be and being heard gave such a boost for the rest of the Summer.




 A warm nordic afternoon mood in urban landscape of Helsinki.

Me in action

We also had a small round in the centre of Hanko. The warm rocks by the water, a tasty lunch and admiring the views from the old water tower. Simple summer days without any special plans. 

Step by step, day by day was our motto then and it still is. Thinking this way, accepting that every process takes time and in the end we will be there where we need to be and then it's time to step in to the next page.

This year has brought so many new things and turns. The way we react and handle the situations in life are based on what we've learned from our personal experience during the years and how our families have learned to face challenges and communicate. 

I also got a big portion of Sun energy from hot South France. I still remember how I had trouble to sleep in the heat, but how lovely it was to be able to sit late outside and swim in a warm sea. I had plenty of time to read and simply do nothing. My daughter had fun with her friend floating on the waves and snorkeling. They were still like small kids, these young women. 







I feel sometimes I choose to learn some things with intuition and afterwards it seems like the new skills are preparing me to face the upcoming challenges.

Last spring I was taking part to a small meditation course and I took this new habit of meditating to my daily routines right away. I have been very much surprised and thankful by the effect to my focus, calmness and energy levels.


I rather seek peace and serenity every where I visit. Super crowded places are making me nervous and tired. My young travel companions in France only needed the sea, the sun, good food, a lot of relax time and short shopping moments to find some new bracelets to their colorful collection. Maybe Cannes was not a perfect place for me - too tight and touristic. We had a great location for our airbnb in the old part of town near the beach and it was more charming there. We felt a bit like locals.

Cannes





Antibes
 
The train connection along the coast line in South of France is connecting different locations and towns. You can easily visit also Italian Riviera. We spent a bit time in Antibes and I went to see Picasso Museum --very interesting!

Great views near Picasso museum in Antibes

Courage


Sky high dreams and plans


Homecoming

Curiosity leads to some more adventures. Without even noticing the script just continues and we will be surprised of the next chain of moments and new perspectives. Life being faster than we expect, forcing us to find the new balance every day.

I’m ready to let go of the summer and hope to find the brightest colors of Autumn.