Monday 20 August 2018

Before and after




It is good to hang on to the good memories. Bad moments and periods come and go, but the positivity and kindness in life is worth to protect. It doesn't mean being kind in the cost of honesty or cheating our heart or being afraid to change. Real kindness is based on the empathy, but appreciates the spine of truth. I see it as a guide to help ourselves and others to find the real needs and ambitions of our soul. Being able to listen is one of the most important ways of being kind, but the most challenging is to compose the truthful worlds with kindness.

Sometimes we have to see the roots of our story to be able to see further again...and notice what was before and what came after. Many doors on our way opened, stayed open or closed, periods of growth, silence, noice, battles and peace. If we are still able to laugh and smile, we are on the right path. 



I am back to Netherlands and a lot seems to be happened during those 3 weeks away. The water in the nearby canal has changed the color from dark blue to poison looking green. The hot summer days brought some other sort of life to the water. I do not know if it's blue-green alga, but the swimming in the canal is over in this season. It is funny how effective the visible change is and the most of the dangers and threats in life are often invisible at first (without any color or visible form). A sudden illness, accident or slowly developing change...sometimes it is impossible to notice any signs.

 

During the last two days in Finland I was visiting good friends of mine. We stayed at their summer cottage in the South coast. On one evening they were burning some pine cones and other natural "garbage" from the yard and I flew back to my memories just before I moved away from Finland to Germany. We had just sold our home in Helsinki and I was burning some old items and unnecessary papers at their cottage back then. Having this deja vu brought me back to one of these before moments. Looking at this fire as a photo now gives me some funny energy..it is a good memory. I feel like passing to the other side of another meaningful door after the summer.







Before and after


serious in this catch ;), but..


I will keep on smiling