Wednesday 21 October 2015

Something silver, something blue!

Sometimes the best time for me to be a bit creative is in the evenings. When it gets darker I lose some of that self criticism which can make the whole creative process slower. Last night I spent two hours cutting, sewing and making something blue...I really felt the flow of  getting the idea and then making it happen without a big plan.



I like the thought of Up Cycling things and I already did in Germany some bags and clothes from the old fabrics that I found from flea markets. I also used some advertisement materials that were going to garbage bin. I still have quite a lot material to use for my ideas. Last night I had to create a cover for the sofa pillows from our terrace. There is a lack of storage space if you live in Amsterdam. The Houses hardly have extra rooms for keeping things just for fun. Good thing is that you have to get rid of stuff and keep only the things that you really need.


These sitting pillows I will need in next spring time!! Now I have them safe from storm and rain. I used some old jeans and light coloured silver fabric to create a nice extra seat for living room. Another one will come to our bedroom later. 



I'm reading often books in English, but this below is my secret language. I will skip the translating this time!




It is nice just to mix and match the materials you just happen to have in your closet. Then you have to use things that are already available...making the process more interesting and challenging. 


Now out and get some fresh air!