Thursday 29 October 2015

Follow the orange!

I was following my instinct today and went to see the late autumn blossom at Museumplein (museum square). I don't like when it's too busy and touristic there, but the crowd usually stays near the huge Amsterdam letters and take photos there. I went to more quiet place just around the Rijksmuseum: the garden of the museum. It is a nice  big area with a lot of surprising elements. You can make the whole round and see the museum from every ankle.


Lisää kuvateksti






This couple will be dancing here in every weather. The sculpture is a copy from a work by Adriaen de Vries.


There is art everywhere in this garden. Joan Miro has made this huge  work and it's for the first time ever exhibited here. He got the inspiration for this "Lunar bird" from prehistorian or pre-Columbian art.




Everyone wants to jump in this shower. The trick is that the water comes from different parts in different times and in the end the whole circle is closed. Then you are surrounded with this spraying water. I went there in the summertime with the kids, but now I just drank my coffee and had fun by watching the other people. There is a cute cafe called " Tuin Huis" just beside the fountain.







Some people are already talking about Christmas, but watching this indian summer and colourful flowers keeps me a long time protected from all that fever. The Colour of the day suits to Halloween, but that is really not my tradition. Maybe we will make some pumpkin soup, but otherwise no plans. So I just follow the orange in my own way.






Autumn is the most beautiful season to me. I like the feeling of change and how quick that process happens in nature. You have to be aware, otherwise you will miss it. This is the time to collect some energy for the dark season. I seem to be using every chance to go outside and breathe the earthy smelling air. 





The game is ready for the next players and I am ready for the weekend! I followed the orange and the orange followed me. I found some nice flowers to take home from the flower kiosk near us.